Friday, January 22, 2010

The Pitter Patter of Little Feet

Thanks to all of you that emailed me memories of my kids- keep them coming. The list is growing with memories I had forgotton or subconsciencely blocked out.

Please realize as you read these blogs that Adam, my huband, was gone for most of these experiences. He was in grad school leaving before the kids got up and coming home after they went to bed. He worked on Saturdays and Sundays he just wanted them to be quiet. Yea, right.

THE STORIES BEGIN----
I was in the kitchen getting lunch ready when I heard the little pitter patter of feet nothing new except it was on the ROOF!  I ran out the back door, off the back porch and turned to face the house. There I saw three year old Jacob running back and forth on the roof.

I placed a 9-1-1 call for the fire department to help get my child off the roof. The firemen showed up and asked why I just didn't climb up the ladder Jacob used. My response, "Do you see a ladder? We don't own a ladder." They were all shocked. After they got him down they asked him how he got up there. He showed them how he had used his fingers and toes to climb the brick. We never did figure out how he got over the edge and up on the roof.  Too scary to contemplate.

Never a dull house at the Thomas.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness! Just think what that determination will do for him on his mission! Glad you have survived thus far...the Lord must have great faith in you.

    ReplyDelete