Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Out in the Cold

At 3am I woke up knowing something was wrong. The apartment was cold. I went in to check on the boys. Porter (2) was missing. I found his pajamas on the living room floor as I went rushing to the front door. I found it open (the dead bolt was five feet off the ground). I ran down the steps to find my two year old sitting in the snow with only his diaper on. His eyes were open but he was unresponsive to my questions.

After this happened once more I spoke with the pediatrician who diagnosed Porter as a sleepwalker. He suggested we lock him in his room at night so he couldn't escape anymore.

During his naptime I would lock the door. I went in to get him after an hour and he wasn't in his bed. He wasn't under the bed. He wasn't on the closet floor.  The window was still shut. I went searching through the apartment (again). Then it hit me- the top shelf of the closet. There I found him under a blanket. I don't know how he didn't roll off and fall to the floor. After that we had to get a lock for the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment